Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dia de los Muertos

What a fun week we had! As you may have seen, we made marigolds to celebrate the Day of the Dead. They weren't quite as vibrant as I was hoping, but I think the kids got the idea. I was also able to find some Pan de Muerto or Day of the Dead bread and was able to have the kids taste some. It was nice and sweet and I think the kids really enjoyed it! It was nice to share some of the culture with the kids this week. 

Last Saturday I was able to attend the Dia de los Muertos celebration at the Goodyear Farms Historic Cemetery in Avondale. What a great celebration! There were dancers, music, poetry and lots and lots of painted faces. My kids were able to make their own masks and watch the dances. I was so glad to attend a celebration in our community. I encourage you all to attend next year as it was close by and not too crowded. 

This week we will continue our study of the parts of the body and will begin clothing. Have a great week!
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment