Welcome to Septiembre, Kinder parents! A whole month has gone by since your children and I have embarked on this journey of language and culture and I can honestly say that we are having an amazing time. The kids are so excited and I am so happy to walk into their classrooms each afternoon. This week we will continue our study of formas or shapes and will start to work on our days of the week. I try my best to incorporate our words of numbers and colors into each lesson so that the kids can see how Spanish can be used in any situation. They are eager to oblige me which is really fun to see. Look for some cute activities coming home and ask them to explain them to you. Hopefully you will hear some Spanish too.
This week I thought I would suggest some local restaurants that my family enjoys when we look for authentic Mexican food. I must tell you that we have only been in Arizona a couple of years, so many of you may have your own haunts that might trump my suggestions, so please feel free to share! First up is Carolina's Mexican Food. http://www.carolinasmexicanfood.com/index.html We have eaten here a couple of times and are always pleased with food and array of selections. It isn't the fanciest of restaurants, but that just means that their focus is on putting out a great product. The tortillas here are unsurpassed and its always a good time out.
Next up, we have America's Taco Shop. http://www.americastacoshop.net/ This eatery is conveniently located near the Children's Museum so the kids and I always make a point of stopping here for of course their tacos, but also the elote, horchata and agua de jamaica. Its a bit of a jaunt, but well worth it!
Last but not least, we have recently discovered Federico's located nearby in Litchfield Park. What I love about that there is a location right here in the West Valley and that they serve what I often crave on these hot, blustery afternoons: horchata or agua de jamaica (hibiscus tea.) Not many places serve this and there is nothing better on an intensly hot day. If nothing else, go through the drive through to experience one of these thirst quenching drinks and you won't be disappointed! Thanks again for stopping by and let me know what you think about class. Any suggestion you have is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you!
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment