Hello, parents! I ended up leaving the introduction to days of the week until this week to help the kids solidify their vocabulary of formas, or shapes last week. So this week I introduced the days of the week vocabulary and we have used a cute train song and coloring sheet to help them with this concept. Also this week, I will be working on their numbers 1-10 making sure they understand each number and how many it represents in Spanish. Hopefully they will come home with stories of some fun games played and knowledge learned.
This week I thought I would give you another website that I have found helpful in terms of letting kids hear Spanish on their level. http://www.tudiscoverykids.com/ is the Discovery kids website completely in Spanish! Whats great about this site is the familiarity the kids will hopefully have with the characters: the Kratt Brothers, the Backyardigans, Bob the Builder, Caillou, etc. There is lots on this site for the kids to do and they may fuss at first about not being able to understand what is being said but if you just let them listen to it for a little while, I bet they will begin to recognize some of the words we have been learning in class. Spend some time with them on it and see if they can point anything out to you that they hear is familiar. Even a few minutes will be good for them. Let me know how it goes!
I realize this is mainly a blog for your children and how they can incorporate Spanish, but I thought that I would put in something for the adults too! Last May, my husband took me to a concert for my birthday. You must know that this was not any concert, but a concert by a band that I had listened to for many years. Not only do I enjoy their music, but so does my white boy husband who is from Northern Minnesota! http://www.mana.com.mx/en/news/2011/04/11/welcome-official-mana-website Maná is the most successful rock band to ever come out of South America and we had the priviledge of attending their concert when they were here in Phoenix. These guys have been making music since the 80's and were part of a movement at that time to keep popular groups writing music solely in Spanish. That alone makes me adore them as they have decided to stay with thier roots and not go mainstream where they would surely be even more successful. Again, not all of their songs are good for children, but I enjoy giving my kids the opportunity to listen to Spanish sung how many other people listen to it sung in their primary language. If you get a chance, take a listen and you'll see what a mean. In case you are interested, they are playing a show in Vegas on Sunday, although getting tickets at this point would probably be very difficult! Their concert in May lasted well over an hour and a half and they played their hearts out! It was amazing to see a group that truely loved what they were doing and to hear them play their music in such a romantic language. I will leave you with a few lines of one of my favorite songs:
No comments:
Post a Comment