Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finishing up the quarter.....

It is so hard to believe that we are just a few days away from the end of the quarter! What an exciting journey this has been! I have decided that I would like to spend this last week tidying up our study of the months and seasons. I made weather cards with Ms. Sitzmann's class this afternoon and hope to do that with Mrs. Kelly's class tomorrow. My plan is to play some games with these cards in hopes of solidifying in the children's minds their concepts of weather and the seasons before we move on to parts of the body next quarter.

I know that some of you still have littler ones at home and I was hoping to encourage you to attend bilingual storytime at the Avondale Public Library, but I was very disappointed to learn that they no longer have it. Instead, I have come up with a short list of libraries in Phoenix that do have bilingual storytime, but unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with any on the West side of town. Even so, I thought I would share with you what I have found and if you ever find yourself with some extra time or just want to wander out on an adventure, you can check one of these bilingual storytimes out:
http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/events.jsp
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/events/Bilingual_Family_Storytime_-_Tiempo_de_Cuentos_Biling%C3%BAe_Para_Familias_613895348099
I would call before heading out just to double check times and locations. If you ever do attend, let me know what you thought! Have a wonderful fall break and I look forward to hearing your children's stories about their time away from school when we return.
Adios,
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment