Friday, August 24, 2012

de colores

Happy Friday, Trivium Kinder families! It was a week full of color in our Spanish classes and I am hoping that our repetition of colors provided some retention in the minds of our young scholars. I read the children several books about colors, we decorated a bear with colors, we completed worksheets that concentrated on a specific color and we created a coloring book that I asked them to read to you tonight that would hopefully show you their knowledge of colors in Spanish. Again, their enthusiasm for the language has floored me and I rewarded some with a special Spanish sticker if I felt they had put in extra effort in showing me their amount of knowledge. In doing this, I hope to emphasize some of Trivium's virtues namely citizenship as I encourage the children to clap for their classmates who have received the sticker. We hope that encouragement from each other will spur them all on to wisdom and perseverance in their learning.
As for a concrete way to integrate Spanish into your lives my suggestion this week takes you no further than your computer. http://www.youtube.com/pocoyo is a channel on YouTube that plays cute, short videos in Spanish. Although I am not very familiar with Pocoyo, I know that I did play several of these videos for my children one Saturday morning and they loved them! They are completely in Spanish which I think is essential. More than anything at this stage in their learning of a new language, it is important for them to hear the language spoken and these videos will hold their attention though they may not understand what is being said. Let me know what your children think! I would love to hear their reactions. Until next week,
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment