Monday, April 22, 2013

Review, review, review!

Hola padres! I'm so sorry that I did not write an update last week! I think between AIMS, field day and a half day on Friday, I was thrown off my schedule! Anyway, here is what we did last week:

I went back a little on the curriculum and picked up the unit on classroom objects. I know I have used this vocabulary with the Kinders throughout the year, but I'm not quite sure if I ever formally taught them the vocabulary. A worksheet with six vocabulary words was sent home and I encouraged the scholars to review them with you at home. They can help you with how to pronounce them if you are not sure. Have them teach you! This is a great way for them to learn themselves. We also worked some on our numbers. I hope to continue number review until the end of the year. 

This week, while continuing our study of classroom object vocabulary, I plan on returning to the calendar and reviewing our days of the week, months and seasons. Hopefully, this will become more familiar for them as I know the concept of time is hard for them to grasp. Towards the end of the week and beginning of next, we will also begin our study into Cinco de Mayo and why it is so significant. Be sure to ask your scholar why! Their answers might surprise you! 

Have a wonderful week!
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment