Hola padres! Happy viernes! Another week has gone by and I have started a bit of a circle time at the beginning of class where we sing songs and talk about the days of the week. This week, we sang about classroom objects to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell" and we also sang about the days of the week with a train themed song. After the days of the week song, we have been practicing saying "today is...." "yesterday was...." and tomorrow is....." I also reintroduced the seasons and reviewed a short poem with each class that briefly describes each season. It is my hope that these songs and poems will come back to them when they are searching for the right vocabulary.
I have also brought back some number review. The worksheets the students are bringing home may seem a bit elementary, but they are practicing coming up with the numbers without counting on their fingers and they are also practicing writing. I hope to find some fun games to round out our number review in the next couple of weeks.
Our Cinco de Mayo study will begin first thing next week and I hope to give the kids a solid understanding of what the day means for Mexico and its citizens. We will continue with our circle time and review during this time. Thank you all so much and have a wonderful weekend!
Adios,
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment