Hola padres! This week I was privileged to introduce La Oruga Muy Hambrienta or The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Of course, most of the students were familiar with this very popular children's book, but it was new to them in Spanish. What this allowed me to do was introduce to them how to say that they were hungry in Spanish. As they worked on their very cute caterpillar craft, I went around the classroom asking them ?la oruga tiene hambre? as I rubbed my belly indicating that I was asking them if their caterpillar was hungry. They did a good job of saying, "Si, tiene hambre."
Another way I tried to emphasize this concept was asking them at lunch as they walked by with their hot lunches, ?tienes hambre tu? again rubbing my belly indicating to them that I was asking them if they were hungry. I hope to actually step into their classrooms next week during their lunch to drill them all on if they are hungry or not. Hopefully, this will work out and they will more fully understand the concept of how they feel around lunch time.
All for now!
Adios,
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment