Hola padres! Wow, what a week! Your children and I have been busy learning about the parts of the house. I have an adorable little coloring book that we have been working on diligently that shows us the different parts of the house: la puerta, el techo, la pared, la ventana, el piso, la chiminea, las escaleras, etc. Unfortunately, the book has taken us a little longer to complete than I had anticipated, so I have collected them all and we will finish them at a later date when we are in need of a quick review.
In the next week or so, we will be focusing on some simple commands as well as having the children learn how to express the feeling of being hungry and providing information about what they see and what they are able to do. I look forward to helping them learn these concepts.
I also wanted to share with you about a way I have tried to make Spanish more real to my children. I'm sure you have all heard of the programs that allow you to sponsor children across the world that are in need of basic needs as well as an education. Through Compassion International my family and I sponsor a little boy in Ecuador. I made sure that the child we were given lived in Central or South America so that we would be able to write to the child in Spanish. I have been able to share with my children a little about where he lives as well as the fact that he speaks the same language we do. The letters we write to him are in Spanish and the kids have expressed an interest in visiting him one day. I'm not sure if that will ever happen but I am glad that they are learning and growing with a small boy who lives far away but who shares a common language with them.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I look forward seeing your children next week!
Adios,
Sra. Hamilton
No comments:
Post a Comment