Friday, January 25, 2013

Opposites and Read Conmigo

Hola padres! This week we concentrated on reviewing and solidifying our Spanish survival phrases. The kids are really catching on and I am excited to see them come alive with their pronunciation. We will continue to practice these phrases for a few minutes at the start of each class. 

We also began our study of opposites. This week we learned "big" and "little" or "grande" y "chiquito". I read a book aloud to the kids that talked about this concept and had them each tell me something that was either "grande" o "chiquito" in order to be excused to their seat. We will continue with other opposites in the weeks to come. 

I also wanted to let you know about a neat bilingual book program that I have become a part of. It is called Read Conmigo (Read with me) and information can be found at www.readconmigo.org  This is a program that provides free bilingual children's books to families that are interested. All you need to do is sign up. The books are fairly lengthy so they might be a little long for Kindergarteners, but they are a neat place to start. If you sign up, let me know what you think. Have a wonderful weekend!

Adios,
Sra. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment